Saturday, September 26, 2026

You’re not paying your sales team to do data entry… But if they’re still posting inventory to Facebook Marketplace manually, that’s exactly what they’re spending hours on.

But if they’re still posting inventory to Facebook Marketplace manually, that’s exactly what they’re spending hours on.Every minute they waste uploading listings is a minute they’re not on the phone, not following up, not closing.

I bought an old car off Facebook Marketplace yesterday for $1,800. Guy wanted it gone ASAP, handed me the title and keys, and I drove it home without thinking much of it.
Last night I opened the trunk looking for the spare tire and just froze.
There was cash EVERYWHERE.

Hundreds, twenties, fives, singles… stuffed underneath the spare tire, scattered across the trunk, and even shoved down into the sides. There was also a little scale, some gloves, and a few other things that immediately made me question what this car was used for before I bought it.
I stopped counting at a little over $4,000.
Here’s where my girlfriend and I are arguing: she thinks I need to call the guy immediately because obviously he forgot it.


Shiftly Auto changes that.
We help automate your dealership’s Facebook Marketplace listings — helping your team keep inventory fresh, consistent, and visible, without draining your their time.



This guy seriously called the cops on me because I didn’t buy his lawn mower after he cut my grass. I found him on Facebook Marketplace because I was thinking about buying it, and I asked if he could show me it worked by mowing my yard. After he finished, I decided I wasn’t interested anymore. I’m allowed to change my mind before buying something.



Now he’s claiming it’s “theft of services” even though I never hired him as a landscaper. I was only testing the mower. People are so desperate these days they’ll try to get someone arrested over not making a purchase. Absolutely ridiculous.




No comments:

Post a Comment